Shows at Norwood Live
- Tickets can be purchased over the phone by contacting the hotel directly on (08) 8431 1822 7 days a week after 9am til late via credit card alternately can be purchase over the bar at the Norwood Hotel 7 days a week after 11am
- Tickets offered for the shows are:
- Show Only - standing only space
- Dinner & show: offers a 2 course meal and your seat for the show
- Dinner & show tables cater for 10 guests. If you purchase 2 dinner & show tickets you will placed with other guests to make up a table of 10. We ask our dinner & show guests to be seated by 7pm
- Dietary requirements are catered for – please advise at the time of making your booking. The menu changes for every show and is made up of a choice of 2 entrees & 4 mains
- Doors open @ 6.30pm. Support acts are on stage from 8.30pm with the main act coming from 9.30pm onwards
- Eftpos facilities are available in Norwood Live along with wheelchair amenities
- Although the show is ticketed as an 18+ event minors are allowed to attend as a SHOW ONLY guest (full ticket price applies) if accompanied by a parent. To fall in line with liquor licensing all minors must be off premise by midnight.
A Time & Place TourBuy Tickets Online
Hindsight is funny thing, you can never know at the time what may later be the catalyst, ultimately taking you in a direction, so has been the case with Diesel's musical journey.
A TIME & PLACE – SONGS THAT LAID TRACKS is Diesel joining the dots from pivotal moments of discovery and subsequent influence to the ultimate destination of inspiration bearing songs, some of them we all have gotten to know over the years.
Rewind to a 4 year old Mark Lizotte (aka Diesel) being helped by his siblings to stand on a stool and reach the kitchen wall phone to request from the local radio ‘Maggie May’ by ‘The Faces’… a mandolin milestone that would later manifest in ‘Coming Home’ - a country infused track making it on the debut album "Johnny Diesel & The Injectors".
It’s safe to say, Diesel is the product of a large pool of music that started in the house he grew up in and expanded from there. On this tour he attempts to connect the dots between primary influences, in some cases a specific song, to directly show where these influences have taken him.
A TIME & PLACE - SONGS THAT LAID TRACKS is an opportunity to hear Diesel in a SOLO setting as he strolls through the corridors of his musical inspiration, obvious and surprising, it makes for a revealing and captivating night.
The Good Life TourBuy Tickets Online
It's been 12 years since Thirsty Merc burst onto the Australian music landscape delivering a swag of classic, radio staples like 20 Good Reasons, Someday Someday, Mousetrap Heart and In The Summertime along the way.
Fast forward to 2015 and Thirsty Merc are still excited to be making music, but all things must change and after selling over 200,000 records with Warner Music, this time around the band are tackling the recording and release of their fourth studio album, and first new material in five years, independently, and very differently.
Following songwriting sessions in Sydney, Melbourne, and Los Angeles, the band were ready to get back into the studio and to help realise their vision they utilised crowd funding platform Pledge Music, to help get the record recorded and mixed and the response has been overwhelming. In fact, the band reached its goal within 48 hours of the campaign.
With the recording now complete, with production by long time collaborator, Lindsay Gravina (The Living End, Kate Miller Heidke, Roland S Howard), Thirsty Merc have booked Grammy nominated Emily Lazar (Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Sia and The Killers) to master the record in New York ahead of its Australian release on 14 August.
Ahead of the first single from the album, The Good Life, going to radio on 31 July, Thirsty Merc have announced a new national tour which takes in all mainland states and territories